My name is Amy Gallagher and I'm a UK based cartoonist, comic artist and illustrator. My style is playful, charming, and contemporary, often featuring themes of humour and cheekiness. I love to produce artwork audiences can identify with or bring forward emotions of joy and delight.
My work has universal appeal due to its simple, colourful and cartoony forms. I use illustration and comics to its best advantage to catch the audience's eye, tell a story, or communicate an abstract idea.
Feel free to contact me at email@example.com
You can view my portfolio and CV here
- Writer and illustrator of children's educational book "Microbes" (2017), published by Thunderstone Books.
- Created illustrations to CYPCS's "Baby Blether" campaign.
- I had my "Chin Ups" greeting card range represented by Star Editions and showcased at the 2016's "Progressive Greetings Live", the only greeting card convention in Europe.
- My "Speedy Santa on a Segway" Christmas card design won the over 18's category for the 2016's "Crafty Christmas Card Competition" hosted by the arts education charity "The Big Draw".
- I was one out of seven winners of the Powered by Nature competition (hosted by IUCN's Commission on Education and Communication and Alcoa Foundation). I travelled to the Netherlands to offer my illustration and animation skills to create a social media campaign, "Better in the Dark", to raise awareness of natural solutions for energy.
Cartooning, Illustration, Story boarding, Greeting Card Design, Comic Art, Communication, Narrative, Composition, Attention to Detail, Problem Solving, Creativity, Time Management, Consistent Execution, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Flash, Baking
Thunderstone Books, Children & Young People's Commissioner Scotland, Noodoll, Star Editions, Clayplaylondon, Bright Ideas, Itsy Favours, TBWA\London, Findacure, Nelly Duff, Lauren Baker, Pretty Nostalgic, Arts London News, Miranda Quammie